Despite heightened concern about cloud computing costs, many increase spending plans for this critical technology.
Foster City, CA - May 9, 2019 – Datamation.com, a top online resource for emerging IT sector enterprise techonology, released its State of the Cloud, 2019 survey today. This year’s results show that although cutting costs on cloud-based storage and computing is a top priority, most survey respondents anticipate increasing their overall cloud computing spend by between 10 and 25 percent over this year and next.
With 70 percent of respondents indicating that their cloud-based applications are mission critical, businesses are committed to continuing investment in cloud computing technology. Survey respondents hope to reduce costs with more efficient, streamlined management structures.
Detailed results of this year’s survey are available in a new suite of content:
- Survey results overview
- Cloud computing benefits and challenges
- Cloud survey: rise of multicloud computing
- Survey results: serverless and containers gaining adoption
"Our survey respondents acknowledged a number of compelling cloud computing benefits," explains James Maguire, senior managing editor for Datamation. "Companies appear to value advantages related to agility, on-demand capacity cost efficiencies, and security—though there are security challenges to manage."
The survey provides other important insights, including:
- Big Data and artificial intelligence (AI): Cloud-based solutions for Big Data, AI and machine learning products are capturing a share of respondents’ budgets.
- Regulations: Regulatory compliance is a major security challenge for many organizations, with minimal immediate assistance from cloud computing companies. Still, third-party tools can provide support on this front.
- Multicloud computing: Companies report movement toward combining multiple cloud companies into a single deployment.
- Containers: With Kubernetes emerging as the standard for orchestrating containers, an increasing number of organizations are using the container technology.
- Serverless technologies: The survey shows companies are slowly adopting this technology now.
To view the full report and methodology please visit Datamation’s State of the Cloud, 2019 survey: https://www.datamation.com/cloud-computing/survey-reveals-concern-with-cloud-costs-yet-companies-boost-budgets.html
Datamation is owned and operated by QuinStreet, Inc. (Nasdaq: QNST), a pioneer in delivering online marketplace solutions to match searchers with brands in digital media. QuinStreet is committed to providing consumers and businesses with the information and tools they need to research, find and select the products and brands that meet their needs. Datamation is a member of the company’s expert research and publishing division.
Datamation focuses on emerging technology for the enterprise IT sector. It covers the leading-edge trends and technologies that today’s IT managers need to understand in-depth: Cloud, Big Data, open source, mobile, the evolving data center, the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence.
Senior Managing Editor, Datamation/InfoStor/EnterpriseStorageForum
Liberty Communications for QuinStreet, Inc.
Rick Judge, 415-429-5652