Home experts share advice for those affected by recent hurricane
Foster City, CA--August 27, 2020--Modernize.com supplies guidance on how homeowners affected by storm damage can get help implementing repairs. The following resources are available:
- Detect and repair roof damage. This guide advises on identifying wind, water and hail damage resulting from severe storms, informs on how to work with home insurance carriers and locate a roofing contractor.
- Tips to detect and repair window damage. This report covers assessing window damage, staying safe, reporting damage and finding a windows contractor.
- How much do storm windows cost? Research shows low, average and high costs for storm windows, explains what homeowners should consider when evaluating replacement storm windows and more.
- Hurricane-proof windows. This study summarizes types of shatter-resistant glazing and impact-resistant windows, including costs, rebates and tax incentives.
- Storm door replacement. Designed to help consumers save money on storm doors, this article explains the types of storm doors available, weather and other considerations and payment options.
- What happens to solar panels in a hurricane? This guide explains why solar panels are resilient and outlines which aspects of a solar panel installation are generally covered by home insurance plans and where supplemental policies may be important.
“Repairing hurricane damage can be daunting,” explains Gregg Hicks, vice president of Modernize.com. “We’ve prepared advice on restoring impacted roofs, windows and more in order to help homeowners avoid delays and save money.”
Hicks is available to discuss on how consumers can best navigate home repair after a storm. Would you like to speak with Hicks?
Senior Director of Public Relations
Direct +1 775 321 3608
For more than 15 years, Modernize.com has been a leader in the home improvement and services industry, connecting homeowners with contractors and other home services professionals. Modernize.com operates in more than 15 high-value, high-consideration home segments, including new and replacement windows, solar installation, roofing, heating and air conditioning, siding, bathrooms and kitchens, new and replacement gutters, home security, and others. The business brings a network of more than 1,000 contractors and professionals across all segments, offering broad geographical coverage and choice for homeowners.
Modernize.com is owned and operated by QuinStreet, Inc. (Nasdaq: QNST), a pioneer in delivering online marketplace solutions to match searchers with brands in digital media. QuinStreet is committed to providing consumers with the information and tools they need to research, find and select the products and brands that meet their needs.