Foster City, CA – July 30, 2020 – With so much uncertainty surrounding students going back to school next month, one thing is certain. College students need as much financial help as possible. This summer proved difficult to land a job to help pay for tuition and expenses because of the pandemic. That makes it even more important for students to choose the right checking account. MyBankTracker.com analyzed student checking accounts at the top U.S. Banks for 2020 to help them make the best choice.
While college-bound students often turn to student checking accounts offered at the top banks, our experts suggest comparing those to checking accounts from online banks and review monthly maintenance fees. They should pay attention to shared access options, online and mobile access features and look at what happens to the account after graduation.
- U.S. Bank Student Checking - this account has no monthly fees for students. There are no out-of-network ATM fees for the first four non-U.S. Bank transactions (operator fees may apply).
- Chase College Student Checking - there's no monthly fee for students enrolled in college and, as one of the largest banks in the U.S., access to a national network of branches and ATMs.
- Schwab Bank Investor Checking - you must have a Schwab brokerage account to open one, but there isn’t a monthly fee or minimum deposit. Plus students get unlimited ATM fee refunds in the U.S. and abroad, making it a good choice for students studying abroad post-pandemic.
- Radius Rewards Checking - all ATM fees are refunded, including those charged by foreign ATMs (excludes international exchange fees). Plus there is no monthly fee.
- Axos Bank Rewards Checking - U.S. ATM fees are reimbursed and there is no monthly fee; plus the higher the balance, the higher the interest rate which is a great incentive to start saving.
Big banks offer an advantage because they have many branches and widespread ATM networks. The larger banks tend to have no minimum balance requirement and offer free checks and free debit cards.
Our senior research analyst, Simon Zhen, is available for comment and can discuss what factors to consider when choosing a student checking account, including checking account fees, nontraditional options like online banks and more.
View the complete article: The Best Student Checking Accounts at the Top U.S. Banks of 2020
MyBankTracker.com is owned and operated by QuinStreet, Inc. (Nasdaq: QNST), a pioneer in delivering online marketplace solutions to match searchers with brands in digital media. QuinStreet is committed to providing consumers and businesses with the information and tools they need to research, find and select the products and brands that meet their needs. MyBankTracker.com is a member of the company’s expert research and publishing division.
MyBankTracker is an independent comparison website helping consumers make smart banking and financial decisions. The mission is to match consumers to their perfect bank by providing and tracking in-depth information on more than 5,000 banks, credit unions and financial products. Using a combination of technology and money management expertise, MBT provides personal finance comparison tools and educates consumers to optimize their relationships with banks and lenders.
Public Relations Manager