Foster City, CA – April 30, 2020 – Car insurance companies are quickly rolling out numerous financial relief measures in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. To shed light on how dire the situation is for consumers, CarInsurance.com released new survey findings today on how people are handling their car insurance payments during this difficult time and what options are available.
The survey of 1,000 people by CarInsurance.com shows that 8% of people are having difficulty paying their car insurance bills due to the financial strains caused by the pandemic. Of those having trouble making auto insurance payments:
- 40% live in southern states
- 25% are in the 45-54 age bracket, with the next largest age bracket being 35-44 (19%). Mid-career Americans appear to be having the most difficult time (44% of respondents in total)
- A higher proportion of respondents who say they are experiencing difficulty making payments are female; about 16% more women than men
That’s just some of the findings, which you can read more about in an article entitled Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on Auto Insurance - Payback Credits, Refunds & More.
While the pandemic is creating savings for insurers due to less driving, many people are reeling from the economic impact. To assist with questions consumers might have right now, the article offers expert advice on topics such as:
- When you can expect to see refunds or credits from auto insurers
- Ways you can save money on auto insurance right now
- If facing trouble with paying premiums, what you can do
- If you’re not driving your card, whether you should cancel coverage to save money
- How the refunds and credits work for customers who've prepaid
Consumers can access CarInsurance.com’s Impact of Coronavirus on Your Car Insurance Policy tool to see up-to-date details of financial relief measures being offered by car insurance companies.
Editorial Director Michelle Megna is also available to comment on how consumers can compare rates and maximize their car insurance savings by shopping for auto insurance during this unprecedented time.
Additional resources from the experts from CarInsurance.com:
- Expert tips for getting the cheapest car insurance in 2020
- How to buy car insurance online
- Average car insurance rates by ZIP code for 2020
CarInsurance.com is owned and operated by QuinStreet, Inc. (Nasdaq: QNST), a pioneer in delivering online marketplace solutions to match searchers with brands in digital media. QuinStreet is committed to providing consumers and businesses with the information and tools they need to research, find and select the products and brands that meet their needs. CarInsurance.com is a member of the company’s expert research and publishing division.
CarInsurance.com is a one-stop online destination for car insurance information, providing unbiased, expert advice on how to shop for insurance plans, what consumers should pay, and what coverage they can get from a policy. Since 2003, CarInsurance.com has been educating consumers through its breadth of expert content, tools, and in-depth studies to help site visitors make informed decisions about their car insurance.
Sr. Director of Public Relations
Liberty Communications for QuinStreet
Rick Judge, 415-429-5652