Free resource provides auto insurance rate estimates in a few easy steps
Foster City, CA – March 23, 2022 – Auto insurance rates are rising fast, making the task of finding the best car insurance value as daunting as ever. To help drivers determine how much coverage to buy, CarInsurance.com, a one-stop destination for unbiased, expert advice on car insurance, today launches an update to its auto insurance estimator tool to include the latest rates.
The 2022 Car Insurance Estimator is a free tool designed to help drivers determine potential costs based on their specific profile.
“We want to make it easy to research auto insurance rates,” explains John McCormick, editorial director for CarInsurance.com. “In five easy steps, drivers can receive auto insurance rates for three coverage levels without having to share their contact information.”
CarInsurance.com, along with its new car insurance estimator tool, outlines common factors that influence what drivers pay for auto coverage.
- Type of car: Average rates can vary significantly by vehicle type.
- Driving record: Major and minor violations can affect the cost of insurance. Drivers with minor violations, such as speeding tickets, may see rate increases of 25% to 40%, and those with major violations, such as DUIs, can receive rate hikes of 100%.
- Experience: Adding a 16-year-old girl to a parents’ policy can increase car insurance by 117% ($2,238) on average annually while adding a 16-year-old boy can hike rates by 134% ($2,556).
- Marital status: Married couples can obtain discounts of 5% to 12% on car insurance policies.
- Mileage: Commuters who drive less than 15 miles each way can save an average of 7.5% on auto insurance.
The estimator is part of a suite of valuable CarInsurance calculators that can help drivers navigate auto insurance. These include getting the right amount of coverage, understanding average rates for used car insurance, and assessing premiums by ZIP code.
McCormick is available to answer questions about the estimator and recommend how consumers can take advantage of a combination of tools to save on car insurance rates.
CarInsurance.com is owned and operated by QuinStreet, Inc. (Nasdaq: QNST), a leader in providing performance marketplace technologies and services to the financial services and home services industries. QuinStreet is a pioneer in delivering online marketplace solutions to match searchers with brands in digital media. The company is committed to providing consumers with the information and tools they need to research, find and select the products and brands that meet their needs. CarInsurance.com is a member of QuinStreet’s expert research and publishing division.
CarInsurance.com is a one-stop online destination for car insurance information, providing unbiased, expert advice on how to shop for insurance plans, what consumers should pay, and what coverage they can get from a policy. Since 2003, CarInsurance.com has been educating consumers through its breadth of expert content, tools, and in-depth studies to help site visitors make informed decisions about their car insurance.