Better deals may be available throughout the year
Foster City, CA – December 15, 2021 – Consumers are in the middle of the holiday shopping frenzy with “sales” displayed in nearly every store window and on most shopping sites. AmOne.com, a leading personal loan site, reveals there are certain items shoppers may want to wait to buy in “7 Things You Shouldn’t Buy During the Holidays:”
1. Cameras – Deals on electronics may be plentiful during the holidays, but better sales may occur after the Consumer Electronics Show in January when older models are discounted.
2. Exercise equipment - The new year brings exercise resolutions and consumers may be interested in purchasing exercise equipment to avoid crowds at the gym. Try to wait - February usually brings great sales.
3. Holiday décor - It can be hard to avoid buying items from the extravagant holiday décor displays, but those items will likely be discounted by at least 50% the day after Christmas.
4. Luggage - Although retailers offer deals on luggage sets during the holidays, the best sales are usually at the end of summer.
5. Jewelry - July and August may be the best time of year to buy jewelry because there are fewer gift-giving holidays. Mid-April is also a popular time for savings, right after tax season.
6. Power tools - Americans celebrate Father’s Day in June, but they can also celebrate the deals available on tools. Oftentimes, prices drop about 25%.
7. Laptops - Back-to-school season tends to offer steeper discounts on laptops, especially if consumers are not shopping for the newest model.
Shoppers should also be more diligent about keeping their financial information secure this time of year and be aware of common holiday scams. Be cautious of online coupons that ask the user to download software and emails that ask for private information.
AmOne is owned and operated by QuinStreet, Inc. (Nasdaq: QNST), a leader in providing performance marketplace technologies and services to the financial services and home services industries. QuinStreet is a pioneer in delivering online marketplace solutions to match searchers with brands in digital media. The company is committed to providing consumers with the information and tools they need to research, find and select the products and brands that meet their needs. AmOne is a member of QuinStreet’s expert research and publishing division.
Since 1999, AmOne has helped consumers identify loan or credit solutions that best meet their needs, using proprietary loan-matching technology. The company also provides free credit assistance from financial matching specialists. Since inception, AmOne's credit assistance efforts have yielded more than $4 billion dollars in loan approvals for consumers and business owners nationwide.
Senior Manager, Public Relations